Pride month

June marks Pride Month worldwide, and Talent Works would like to discuss the importance of this awareness event.

What is it?

Pride month is celebrated in June to commemorate the The Stonewall riots. These were important protests in the United States that consequently changed gay rights for a lot of people around the world.

Why is it important?

D,E & I (Diversity, equity and inclusion), are hugely important factors in modern recruitment. Organisations are now beginning to ensure inclusion is a priority rather than an afterthought. Roughly 80% of people worldwide consider themselves to be heterosexual, leaving 20% belonging to other categories including; gay, lesbian/homosexual, bisexual, pansexual/omnisexual, asexual and ‘other’. That’s one in five people.

Pride month is a celebration of people coming together to show how far LGBTQ+ rights have come. It also helps highlight how much there is still to do. It’s about acceptance and equality as well as educating people on LGBTQ+ history and raising awareness in the community.

50th Pride Month

More than 7 in 10 people in the UK support the LGBTQ+ community. This year is a special one for the community – it’s the 50th anniversary of Pride Month. With just 30% of people saying they’ve spoken out against someone prejudiced against people from the community, there is still work to do.

Talent Works encourages all organisations to be inclusive, equitable and as diverse as possible. It’s something we practice and preach and we’re proud of our team for this.

If you’re thinking about working with an RPO provider, we’d love to pitch for you. With specialisms in the tech sector and helping businesses expand their technical and digital capacities, we help some of the world’s most exciting enterprises scale.

As an RPO provider based in the UK, US, and more recently, South Africa, our teams have truly global reach and can help you expand into new territories.

To find out more about how our flexible approach to RPO can help you or to let us know more about your future recruitment projects, contact us.